useful Driver Safety & Highway Safety resources
– Provides detailed information about MADD programs, events, local chapters and membership, along with statistics on drunk driving and related news.
– An independent, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses — deaths, injuries, and property damage — from crashes on the nation's highways.
- GHSA represents the state and territorial highway safety offices that implement programs to address behavioral highway safety issues.
- A good source for Motor Vehicle Safety.
– Founded in 1970 to provide consumers a voice for auto safety and quality in Washington and to help lemon owners fight back across the country.
- A technical site concerning the nature and performance of transportation systems and research on such issues.
- Comprehensive source for government transportation information.
- Good source for travel data crash rates.
- Includes information on highway improvement programs, usage statistics, and other subjects.
- Provides crash data, vehicle safety information, and tips on timely driver safety issues.
– Provides tips on international travel.
– Established to provide program direction and technical guidance to states, communities and organizations as a means to maintain a credible, standardized child passenger training and certification program..